Friday, June 26, 2009

Have you ever gotten one of these for your birthday? I'm not sure if this wonderful gift was more for me or...


for selfish reasons

but it was so cute I had to capture it on film.


A couple weeks ago, Little Missy and I picked some roses out of the garden and did a little mother-daughter floral arranging.

She had her vase for her room:
She just jam packed it full of flowers and I had to admire her carefree attitude.
I tried to be a little more "artful" about the whole thing, but definitely don't have my mothers eye for this kind of stuff.

It's always a treat to have fresh flowers around. I don't have a green thumb, but when I was younger I use to dream about having a big flower garden in my yard so I could always have fresh-cut flowers around my house. Here's to the one bush in my yard that fulfills that dream.

5 comments:

  1. So pretty! Maya is such a cutie and I love both of your arrangements. :) A backyard garden would be a delight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If today was your birthday and you brought me corn bread I am going to be very upset! Please tell me... I have been a little out of the loop as of late. I knew it was coming up but now I think I missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE those full-of-love gifts only a child can give. That's great you caught it on camera! Maya is a cutie, and what a clever project to make floral arrangements.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh...those are so pretty. I love the color of those roses! And I LOVE cherries. I get addicted and can't stop eating them and then sometimes get bowel problems, if you know what I mean. We just picked a huge bag from my mom's tree. I love summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ambs, was it your birthday?! If so, I hope you had a great day. Maya is getting so grown, she is soo cute!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ to hear from you so please feel free to leave a comment. I read each one and try to respond as often as I can. Thanks so much for stopping by! ~Amber