Delighted!

Monday, October 24, 2011

Working in the fabric/quilting industry is really a dream.  I smile when I tell someone that "I was working" when I was actually at home sewing, playing with fabric, designing, writing up patterns, researching {Pinterest, blogs, magazines}, marketing {blogging}, going to quilt shops and buying fabric.  Once in a while I even get to hang out with some really amazing and inspiring people that love what I love.

One of those occasions was last week when I was able to attend Amanda Herring's {The Quilted Fish} launch party for her new fabric line called Delighted!  I had first got an email about it and then a darling invitation in the mail so I've had been looking forward to it all month.  I made arrangements to go with my quilty friend, Heather {from Quilt Story}.  We had a blast and I just have to share some pictures from that night.

Amanda thought of every detail.  Seriously.  I could tell the moment we walked in the door that we were in for some fun. 


Look at these centerpieces!






And these window displays...

 
 {LOVE that truck!}

 

 There was make and take stations, a photo booth and even a candy "bar"!


I LOVE the ferris wheel {and look ~ she even made pillows for the cabs!}

There were a few familiar faces
[Amy from the blog, Amy's Creative Side, Heather and Erin from the blog, Two More Seconds].  It was fun to chit chat and get a little kick in the pants from Amy...I've been such a slacker lately :)


 [ Me and the hostess, Amanda]

That girl is so inspiring.  She really knows how to go "all out" and make everything a party!  I drove home that night with goodies in hand and my creative juices flowing.  Thanks Amanda for showing us how it's done!!!

6 comments:

  1. Love all the details! What fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best job you can have is getting paid for something you would do for free. I think you found your "Best Job."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like so much fun. I'm super jealous, I'm trying not to be, I can't help it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how fun, you lucky girl! It looks like you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots and lots of eye candy :D

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ to hear from you so please feel free to leave a comment. I read each one and try to respond as often as I can. Thanks so much for stopping by! ~Amber