Quilty things that make me happy...

Wednesday, April 17, 2013


Do you ever sit down at the end of a day wondering what the heck you did all day?  Well, yesterday was one of those kind of days.  I spent waaay too much time taking pictures of things I love and editing them on PicMonkey (a new photo editing site I stumbled across the other day). Neither of those things were on my list of "things to do" but it was fun and fun is good :)



In order to take some decent pictures though, I had to do some rearranging of some of my "stuff".  Don'tcha just love your "stuff"?  I love my "stuff".  I know it's not good to love "stuff" but it kinda just makes me happy and I thought I'd share some of my favorite quilty "stuff" with you today...

Matching pennant banners that my daughter and I made a while ago.
(During one of her mini sewing lessons.  I say "mini" because she only lasts about 5 minutes before she's bored.  Believe me, I'm treasuring the moments...)


Selvages.  For a someday project...


 This sewing bird clamp was a gift given to me by a non-quilty friend.  It was probably the most sweetest, thoughtful gift anyone has ever given to me.  Completely out of the blue.  And perfectly lovely.


My somewhat new Ikea cabinets.
Organizing always feels good...


I like quilts and I like stacks of quilts.


A small collection of old wooden spools...


A sturdy, level place for cutting...
Thank you Martha Stewart and Home Depot :)


So these are some of the things I'm especially grateful for right now.
What about you?  What are some of your favorite quilty treasures?

~ Amber
 

15 comments:

  1. Love your pics today...gotta love PicMonkey! Thank you for a wonderful show and tell of quilty stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhhh your room looks fantabulous!! I'm totally going to copy your scrappy jars. I'm just grateful to have this creative outlet - quilting. I love learning new things and the daily inspiration that blog reading provides :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I love "stuff", too! Your "stuff" is beautiful! I love all the photos. Might just inspire me to organize (play, touch, pet) my favorite quilty things today, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos are beautiful Amber. And I love that pretty Martha Stewart table -- what a great use for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super cool bird clamp! Some of my favorite quilty treasures - hmm - a pincushion from a giveaway a couple months ago that is SUPER to have for my hand-stitching station, the adjustable, pulley-based hanging rods my hubby installed for me, and my pretty white machine-inset sewing desk, nice and big for quilting support.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is some stuff that is just too pretty not to love. Beautiful photos of 'stuff'

    ReplyDelete
  7. HELLO! YES,I REALLY LOVE "MY SEWING/QUILTING STUFF"! YOURS IS VERY NICE TOO! HAPPY STITCHING ♥

    msstitcher1948@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. On the quilty side, I'm especially thankful for the homemade 'boosters' that go under all four feet of my cutting table to bring it up to a comfortable height for this tall girl, and for my new open-toed walking foot that lets me SEE where I'm quilting !

    On the nature side, I'm VERY thankful for all of the purple Irises I see about to bloom in my yard. Last year, I mostly had burgundy ones......ick ! I don't know how they could change......I just take my blessings as they come and am thankful !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your stuff. Wish my stuff was so neatly organized. I love the cutting table. I have never seen anything like that at Home Depot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carla,

    I first saw the cutting table in the catalog called, Home Decorators. But I think they are an affiliate with Home Depot because when I Googled it I found it on Home Depot's website too. I think I ended up ordering it from there. It's from the Martha Stewart collection. I got it at the end of last year and I'm really happy with it so far!

    Thanks for stopping by!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE your pics! LOVE your cutting table. The Ikea cabinet is awesome! And I love the three folded quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You sure had fun photographing your "Stuff". My motto is..."Surround yourself with the things you love."
    That, of course, translates to "stuff".

    ReplyDelete
  13. Picmonkey is fab - great photos!

    I am loving my very basic design walls.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty and organized! I love "stuff" too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ to hear from you so please feel free to leave a comment. I read each one and try to respond as often as I can. Thanks so much for stopping by! ~Amber