Sabrina's Sea Glass Quilt {Finished}

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

 I mentioned the start of this quilt at the beginning of the year and since it's been on my quilting "to-do" list I wanted to give an update.  It's finished and delivered!  Wahoo!


I made it for one of my best friends.  I let her pick out the pattern and the fabric and I think it suits her beautifully!


The fabrics are from an assortment of different fabric collections.  We were mostly trying to work with the colors she has used to decorate her family room with.  Her wall color is this blue/green color and she has cream sofas with little accents of red on her pillows and decor.


 My friend is very classic in her fashion and decorating choices so this pattern was perfect for her.  9-Patches and Snowball blocks - you can't get much more classic than that!



I chose a simple meandering leaf design for the quilting.  I thought it went nicely with the red and cream floral print.


Although I probably didn't need a pattern for this quilt (because the blocks are so common) I did buy a little book that had all the fabric requirements figured out for me.  The book is titled, Twinkle, from Fig Tree Quilts.  It's a nice book because Joanna shows different layouts and color options.  

A few more details about this project can be found HERE.

I'm glad to check another project off my list.  
Are you joining in the quilting "to do list" fun?
It's a great way to stay focused! 

Have a great day!
~ Amber




14 comments:

  1. Love Twinkle Twinkle for the very same reasons: Same Pattern in Different Colorways to create entirely diff looking quilts without the brain freeze...;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you finished out the snowball blocks to become stars all the way around the perimeter. Very nice......pretty quilting design, too.

    I haven't made a list, but I do seem to be keeping busy with quilting this year....it has started off well, even including a little hand-quilting soon to be revealed !

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Sea Glass quilt color combination almost jumped off the computer screen at me. And, that is somewhat unusual for me. It is lovely and your sewing talent is impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is gorgeous! I love the colors, and the red really pops!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, another beautiful quilt. I came across your blog through another blog and have just finished reading it all the way through. Needless to say it has taken me awhile. I live your quilts and especially the Sugar ans Spice and Freshly Squeezed patterns. Do you post to Australia though?
    Keep up the wonderful work. You're very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andrea,

    Thank you!! Yes, I do ship to Australia. You can order from my Etsy shop (paper or pdf).

    Here's the link to my shop:
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/gigisthimble?ref=si_shop

    Thanks for stopping by!
    Amber Johnson
    Gigi's Thimble

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary,

    Thank you! My friend and I worked together to find fabrics that worked with her decor. It was a different combination for me but I think it turned out cute.

    Have a great day!
    Amber


    Thanks Cynthia and Jodi!


    I am Just One Mom:
    Ha ha! Yes, it's a good book.
    Have a great day!
    Amber


    Dolly,
    That's great! Hand quilting - impressive!!!
    Have a great day!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just recently came across your blog through another blog. and just finished reading all the way through. Your blog really "speaks" to me. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that has multiple projects going at any one particular time. Some times I have to a lot of self-talk to push through completing a project - the fun for me is mostly in picking fabrics and cutting it out. Your quilts are beautiful. I appreciate your willingness to share your talent and your thoughts with the rest of us through your blog. Don't quit blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Kerry! Your comment means a lot! I think I'm the same way as you. I love picking out fabrics and cutting. I guess it's nice to have a few projects going that are in different phases so that you can do whatever one you're in the mood for.

    Happy quilting!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful quilt!! And what a lovely friend you are to make such a thoughtful gift

    ReplyDelete
  11. Peaches1003,
    Thank you! Just trying to share the love! :)

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you never stop your blog, I just happened on it through Farmers Wife-love your red and white version. Also ordered your pineapple paper-those blocks look delicious. I have also introduced a few friends to your blog so keep posting. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your blog I hope you never
    stop doing it-just ordered your pineapple papers, that pink and green is beautiful-keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is another one I love! What a great color combo...just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ to hear from you so please feel free to leave a comment. I read each one and try to respond as often as I can. Thanks so much for stopping by! ~Amber